The reason we are eating turkey instead of beef lately is that the girls are not supposed to eat red meat before a swim meet. I decided to just substitute it for ground beef on a regular basis since it is healthier and it makes it easier when I already have it on hand. I like my father's coleslaw the best but I can't get a specific recipe since he just throws it together. He doesn't add sugar to his and that is probably why I like it more, but this calls for 2 Tbsp. if you like it sweeter. He also refuses to add sugar to his cornbread, saying it's a southern thing, but I can't get a specific recipe for that either. This was my mother's day dinner and I loved it. I'm having leftovers for lunch.
Turkey patties
Grill seasoning
6 c. shredded cabbage
1 c. shredded carrot
1 c. mayo
¼ c. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. celery seed
2 Tbsp. sugar-optional
Season turkey patties with grill seasoning and grill. Mix together coleslaw ingredients and serve on top of turkey. Top with dill pickles and onions.
No comments:
Post a Comment